Teacher: Bettie Wilde
Learn how to solder precious metals to create beautiful jewelry. With the right tools and practice, you’ll be able to create beautiful and unique jewelry pieces with silver!
Silversmithing is an incredibly rewarding and creative craft. Learning it takes some practice and lots of patience, but it's definitely achievable! Here are a few tips to get you started:
1) Familiarize yourself with the tools you'll need to get started: a soldering torch and some basic hand tools.
2) Look up and practice basic jewelry-making techniques such as sawing, filing, soldering, and polishing.
3) Research the different types of silver and the properties of each, such as sterling silver, silver-filled, and silver-plated.
4) Watch tutorials from experienced silversmiths and practice along with them.
5) Take a workshop such as this one and join a jewelry-making group to get feedback and advice from experienced makers.
Don't forget to have fun and let your creativity shine!
Classes are one on one and private if you would like to work in a group setting send me a message.
Class provides tools and Sterling Silver Material and gems to work with.